Monday, August 18, 2008

A little disappointed...

spiderwick books

We don't take our kids to the movie, we wait until the films get released on dvd's ;) So this weekend it's been the Spiderwick Chronicles. I would not say that I think it's a great film, but it was ok. After reading the books with the kids, there is so much we missed in the film. Dragons, dwarfs, elves and so many other creatures.

elvetroll

Eirin loved the River Troll - she thought it was so funny in the book with it's slowly way of speaking ;) So she got disappointed when it never showed up...

spiderwick 1

So if you liked the film, you just have to read the books and the Field Guide - which is filled with beautiful pictues! I would love to see some dwarfs, elves and sprites in the film.

spiderwick 2

4 comments:

  1. I have the Field Guide, too. I love the artwork in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always disappointing to see a film after you read the book. I don't know this one, but I love the drawings in the book. And I do that too. I wait for the movie to be available on DVD before I see it. I just saw Bewitched last night. Would not have gone to the movies for that one. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Books are always always better than movies! There's so much more detail in them. Doesn't stop us from going to the movies though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We dont go to the movies either, but I did buy the DVD. I thought there would be more creatures too in the film, so yes it was a little disappointing. We have just read Fablehaven and are now onto the second book which is also great.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥