Monday, April 11, 2011

Eat, Pray, Love

Eat, Pray, LoveEat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It got a bit to much praying and meditation in the 2nd part for me, so I almost gave up the book. Glad I didn't though because the last part was the best I think. But I'm not going to see the film... Anyone of you seen it?

"In her early thirties, Elizabeth Gilbert had everything a modern American woman was supposed to want--husband, country home, successful career--but instead of feeling happy and fulfilled, she felt consumed by panic and confusion. This wise and rapturous book is the story of how she left behind all these outward marks of success, and of what she found in their place. Following a divorce and a crushing depression, Gilbert set out to examine three different aspects of her nature, set against the backdrop of three different cultures: pleasure in Italy, devotion in India, and on the Indonesian island of Bali, a balance between worldly enjoyment and divine transcendence." (from goodreads)

View all my reviews

6 comments:

  1. Jeg lsete boka først etter å ha ventet på den etter forhåndsomtaler. For meg gav alle deler en spesiell visdom/ lærdom, - det handlet om å finne tilbake til seg selv og sin egen glede i livet, syntes jeg.

    Jeg ventet også med spenning på filmen. Kanskje mest fordi Julia Roberts innehar hovedrollen? J har stort sett alltid funnet glede i de filmene hun er med i, så jeg innbiller meg at hun kanskje ikke kaster seg uti hva som helst, men har litt tanker om rollene hun velger/ aksepterer?
    Filme skuffet ikke, men jeg er glad for at jeg leste boka først, samtidig som kanskje den midtdelen fikk mer "innhold" når jeg så hvordan andre valgte å tolke den?

    På TED-siden er det lagt ut noen foredrag som forfatteren holder, og det ene er om den rkeative prosessen og denne boka. Foredraget er på nesten en time, men jeg gikk ikke lei :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched the movie with my daughter a couple of weeks ago. She seemed to really enjoy it, but I wasn't crazy about it. So much focus on herself all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually didn't like the book at all. Too.. I don't know, weird and weird.. hihi..
    Haven't seen the movie, yet, but I might see it when it comes to the TV in the future.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an avid reader, but have just not been able to make myself read this book. I'm not sure why. And I have a rule that I don't watch a movie until I have read the book, so that hasn't happened either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't bother with the movie. All the navel gazing does not make for a particularly exciting movie. Beautiful locations though. I found myself thinking more about the epic suitcase the character must be hauling around the world in order to have all the clothes she did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Likte boka, og syns filmen var grei nok som underholdning. Hadde nok fått mindre ut av filmen uten å ha lest boka først i grunnen.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥