Friday, April 22, 2011

I ♥ Paperpotter


I spent some hours doing this yesterday. I bought a paperpotter a few years ago, and I love it. It's so great to make small pots to plant in. And I feel better knowing that I'm not using some kind of plastic pots that will break and get thossed in the trash.


I've planted leeks, cucumbers, Sunflowers, Nasturtium and a mix of pink flowers (Eirin's choise). I really hope we'll get some cucumbers this year. The first time we planted cucumbers we had the whole window filled with cucumber plants and picked lots of cucumbers all summer. I've tried a few times after that without any success... I haven't been able to find the same kind of seeds we planted that time, so we are trying some new kind each year ;)
Since I don't have much space to grow plants here, I dream about a little greenhouse... I also hope we can make the garden a bit like this. I'd love to have small patches where I could grow potatoes, rubarb, carrots, turnips, onions and maybe some strawberries :)
Since the warm season is rather short here, it puts a limit of what we can grow. But I'm ready to give it a try. I remember that my grandmother used to grow carrots and small turnips when I was a kid. And they tasted so sweet :)
So what are you planting this year?

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! We're going to try to grow everything we need to make a huge batch of spaghetti sauce this fall, so we've started tomatoes & peppers. Zucchini will start in a few weeks, and the rest will go in the ground when it's warmer. We also have broccoli & cucumbers started, with plans for carrots, rutabaga, parsnips, squash, and of course, potatoes. Just writing about it makes me hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genialt! Har laget papirpotter uten de mer tekniske instrumentene, ble helt ok.
    i år blir det lite utplanting av nytt. Målet er å få orden på vår 2 mål hage som før vi tok over ble pleiet av en gartner. I løpet av 3 år ser det mer og mer ut som naturtomt - inntil nå :) Neste år skal det derimot sås og plantes så det holder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Så lurt! Jeg stjeler ideen, og kanskje det blir plantet noen frø hos oss også i løpet av helgen..?

    Ha en fortsatt fin påske!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥