Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny over at Small Things for Yarn Along.
"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? ... ~"


Yarn Along

Reading: I'm still reading The Invisible Mountain by Carolina De Robertis and I love this book. It's a pageturner, but I try to read slow just to hold on to the good feeling the book gives me. Do't you just love books like that? I've also started Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I think it's a good book so far. I know there is a film based on the book. Have anyone seen it? I really don't like to watch a film based on a book when I have read the book - I end up dissapointed most of the times.

Knitting: I'm still knitting tiny stuff for the premature intensive care units for my local hospital. This is a tiny hat. I riped the tiny jacket I had started last week because i found out I probably would not have enough pink. So the jacket and the hat is pink and grey stripy instead :)

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of knitting for the hospital. I never would have thought to do that and thanks to you will be placing a phone call here to see about doing the same thing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice you are knitting for your hospital. The babies are going to feel warm and loved in your knitwear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed eat pray love, especially when she was in India. And I am sure the families at the picu so appreciate your knits!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much enjoyed Eat Pray Love, although I haven't heard good things about the movie. I love the pink & grey stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Charity I enjoyed the book (although I did think it was a bit chatty). Knitting premature-clothing is really a good idea. Fast knits, but not something most parents have got ready since few people expect to have premature babies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about reading a book after seeing a film or seeing a film after reading the book; it is usually very, very disappointing.
    That is awesome you are knitting for wee ones; just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pink and grey stripes! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the pink with the grey. Isn't it fun knitting for babies? I love how quickly the items knit-up. I haven't read Eat, Pray, Love, although it seems like everyone I know has. The Invisible Mountain sounds very interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥