Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday


Knitting: Still working on the wool pants for Endre. I'm halfway through the first leg and the stripes makes it a bit more fun to knit as I can see it grow. The three new wips are some mittens and socks. The white is a pair of Newfoundland mittens for Eirin. Similar to the once I finished yesterday. The blue is a pair of Jules socks for Hubby and the grey a pair of Owlie socks for Eirin.

Reading: I've read a couple of Harlequin historical romance books since last time. And quite enjoyed them as the guilty pleasure books they are ;) But each night I indulge myself in the world of Jamie and Claire in Cross Stitch. I'm halfway through it and I love this story! Scottish always makes my knees a little wobble ;) The other book, Sister's Choice, have I just started to read, but it looks like it's a good book.
I have discovered audio books now that the kids are at school and I have the day for myself. What a great way to spend the day knitting and listening to a book at the same time!! As audiobooks are rather expensive here, I borrow them at the library. The other day I came across the site Books Should Be Free. There are mostly classics there, and I started to listen to Pride and Prejudice
If you take a look at the top of my blog you'll see a page named Around the world in books. In short words I have decided to read my way around the world :) Will take a while, but what a journey it wil be. I have added the books I have already read in the past, but I haven't visited many countries yet...

20 comments:

  1. It looks like you have some great projects on the needles.

    Thank you so much for the link to Around the World in books, that is something I want to look into!
    Happy Yarn Along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my gosh it looks cold there...... it never gets under 35 C HERE....happy knitting by the fire then! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great knits! I love seeing what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great! I love the striped pants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your idea of reading around the world. Must check out your list. I don't know how you keep so many active work in progresses on the go. I'm balancing one knitting and one sewing and that divides my loyalties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have so many projects going! I'm particularly loving the striping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just look at all those needles!!!! Great projects! Thanks for the connect to the free audio book site--I do a lot of listening/knitting, too. And a great idea--reading around the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you've had fun casting on for some new projects! I've read Diana Gabaldon but didn't know about Cross Stitch, it's good to know there is another one out there.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your mittens you have just finished! Diana Gabaldon is a great author aye!.
    One Book set in New Zealand with lots of town names is I am not Ester by Fleur Beale. http://www.longacre.co.nz/books/Iamnot.html
    It is a young adult book but I enjoyed it too!

    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to knit socks and mittens AND I love double pointed needles :) Lovely projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are busy. The baby pants are great with the stripes (love stripes!). And the owl sock pattern is so fun. I put that on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many dpns! Your pile of WIPs looks just a little bit dangerous. I've not tried to knit with audio books, but it sounds like a lovely idea. Maybe I'll have to drop by the library this week... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stripes on Endre's wool pants are charming; I seem to knit faster too when there are colour changes !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing that website! I'm excited to knit/listen ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the needles make me dizzy! Oh, how do you decide which to work on??
    Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, I like to have several projects going at once too--with my knitting and crochet, AND with my reading and writing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Around the world in books sounds like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Newfoundland Mittens look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have read Jamie and Claire's story many, many times. I enjoyed those books very much. My favorite in the series is Voyager.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really enjoyed Outlander. I will have to look up Cross Stitch.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥