Saturday, March 17, 2012

FO :: Selbu Gloves


Finally these gloves are off the needles. Knitting the gloves until I had to divide for the fingers was just a piece o' cake. But when I had to divide for the fingers there was a bit of fiddling to get the right number of st and make the pattern fit...


But after the first couple of fingers it wasn't so hard ;)


Pattern: 18. Damevante med vrangbord eller blondekant / Women's glove by Rauma Designs
Yarn: Silja Sock Yarn, 38g white and 54 g black
Needles: 3 mm
Size: They fit me and my 12 year old son




I was about to just give up and make them into mittens, but I'm so glad I didn't because Erlend has been asking me to knit him a pair of gloves all winter and the happy look on his face when I gave him these was worth all the fiddling :)
Linking up with Tami's FO Friday although it's Saturday today. Didn't had time to post last night since we drove the kids to my mom for the weekend ;)

16 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! You are amazing at stranded knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing job on those gloves! You have way more patience than I do to be able to knit all the fingers in a complicated pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was about to give up a couple of times... If it was not for that Erlend would like to have a pair of gloves, I had just made them into mittens instead

      Delete
  4. Lekre! Fingrene er det som gjør at jeg ikke strikker hansker, men jeg har en sønn som etterspør... så det spørs om jeg må følge ditt gode eksempel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja da er det vel bare å sette i gang ;)
      Har to til som ønsker seg hansker, så jeg må nok til pers igjen...

      Delete
  5. The detail on these is amazing! I never would have dared to make them into gloves, it looks very difficult and frustrating. But you really pulled it off! Congrats, they look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is "Wow"!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so beautiful! Let's hope he doesn't outgrow them soon!!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥