Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday


Knitting: Instead of showing you the same projects I've had on the needles the last weeks or so, I'm showing you what I am about to cast on next ;) Octopus Mittens - love the colours and when I found a skein of orange in the mail last week (from the Totie Toe Sock Yarn Club), I knew it had to be a pair of these mittens.

Reading: I started to read The Map of Time by Felix J. Palma last night. This is the first book in a serie.


Enter a world of wonder, intrigue and adventure …

London, 1896. Andrew Harrington’s beloved has been murdered by Jack the Ripper. Claire Haggerty longs to escape the constraints of Victorian society. For both, time is the problem: to escape it, to change it, might offer them the hope they need. As their lives become entangled with that of H.G. Wells — who is basking in the success of his novel The Time Machine — all three set off on a desperate flight through the centuries.

But what happens when we alter history? That is the question explored in this epic page-turner, which will take you on a dazzling ride back and forth in time.

23 comments:

  1. those mittens are going to be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see those mittens! Your book sounds really interesting and my kind of thing, I will have to look out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the octopus mittens! They're been sitting in my favorites in ravelry forever, but it doesn't get cold enough where I live to wear them. I love the colors you chose to you, its going to be so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Octopus mittens look awesome - I'm looking forward to seeing them progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh cool--those gloves are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow those mittens are so cool, I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to watch your mitten progress. The colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those mitts will be gorgeous! Enjoy the book - sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see your mitts. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it funny how some yarns just spark that feeling of knowing what they should be? I love that feeling because it is always twice the fun to cast on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that book sounds wonderful! And it's a series? Even better!
    Happy yarn along.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those mittens look so...complicated! I would love to make some like those but it would take me ages haha. So, I'll just have to satisfy with looking at yours grow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, octopi! Can't wait to see them as you start through the charts. I think if I had those mittens I'd always hold out my hands exactly so to line up the tentacles and expect people to admire them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Flotte votter, og boken virker utrolig spennende! Klem fra Anette :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The octopus mittens look fabulous! I bet you are excited to get going on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been waiting to cast on for those mittens, too! I can't wait to see yours =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That is quite intricate and those colors will definitely vibrate once they're next to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great looking mittens--I so admire your color work, and I can imagine that you can never have too many pairs where you live. :)
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those mittens are going to look great. I am impressed, it looks complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The pattern looks amazing. I can't wait to see how they turn out. And the book looks very interesting - I think I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥