Friday, March 9, 2012

Salmon with pasta, spinach and peas



Quick and easy Friday night dinner :) This appealed to all except the youngest who are not so very excited about the salmon - yet.


Approximately 5-800 g salmon fillet
500 g penne pasta
1 onion
Creme Fraiche 3 dl
300 g peas
400 g chopped spinach
Butter / oil for frying



Cook the pasta as directed on package.
Cut onions into slices or pieces, depending on your preference. Cook it soft in a frying pan.
Add the pasta with creme fraiche and bring to a boil.
Then put in the peas and spinach and let it all be through warm.
Season with spices. As well as salt and pepper, I had a good dash of garlic powder.
Meanwhile cook the salmon for a few minutes on each side. Season it with salt and pepper.

4 comments:

  1. This looks really good! I will try making it. I have 3 full sides of salmon in the freezer and I've been wishing I had some new ways to cook it, because I get a lot of it and sometimes I can hardly stand the thought of eating salmon AGAIN :O

    Did you use fresh spinach, or the frozen packaged stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used frozen, but I guess fresh would be just as good :)

      Delete
  2. Do you have any other imaginative ways to prepare salmon for a meal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make this a lot ;)

      http://hegeshobbykrok.blogspot.com/2009/10/comfort-food.html

      Delete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥