Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day Four :: Where are they now?


Day four already :) I was not sure what I should write about today... But I'd like to share a few projects that I really love. I had a lot of fun going through all my projects on Ravelry. More blog post here.

"Write about the fate of a past knitting project. Whether it be something that you crocheted or knitted for yourself or to give to another person. An item that lives with you or something which you sent off to charity.
There are a lot of different aspects to look at when looking back at a knitting project and it can make for interesting blogging, as much of the time we blog about items recently completed, new and freshly completed. It is not so often that we look back at what has happened to these items after they have been around for a while.
How has one of your past knits lived up to wear. Maybe an item has become lost. Maybe you spent weeks knitting your giant-footed dad a pair of socks in bright pink and green stripes which he then ‘lost’. If you have knit items to donate to a good cause, you could reflect on the was in which you hope that item is still doing good for it’s owner or the cause it was made to support."

Heart Yoke Cardigan

The first one is my Heart Yoke Cardigan. I LOVE it! And I have been wearing it a lot this winter. It's perfect to snuggle in during the day.

dragon5

When you have kids you knit more for them than for yourself ;) And these jackets/sweaters are the one I'm most proud of. (I guess one can be a little proud of oneself, right?)
I knitted this Dragon jacket for Endre in 2009. He loved it, but sometimes he just grow faster than I manage to knit. So he outgrew the jacket in a few months... Since it was so little used I sold it in my Epla store a little while ago - so it can make another little boy happy and warm :)

milo owl sweater

Another loved sweater :) I made this Milo Owl sweater for Endre in 2008. This was my first big crochet project :) I sent this and the next two sweaters to a flea market when they was outgrown. Like the idea that other can see the use in the things I have made ;)

Hello Kitty sweater

It's so fun to knit to someone who gets so excited about the finished project. Eirin loved this Hello Kitty sweater I made for her in 2007. She had it a couple of years since it turned out a little bit bigger than I was aiming for ;)

Hello Kitty sweater

But it wasn't the first Hello Kitty sweater I knitted for her. I knitted this sweater in 2005. I made it from a picture and a chart (in japanese or chinese) I found on internet.

Skull mittens

Erlend, my oldest son loves knitted mittens :) This pair of Skull mittens is one of the pairs I have made for him this winter. They fitted him perfect when he got them. Now they are starting to get thick and lumpy - like all his mittens ;)

2 comments:

  1. Så koselig å trekke frem gamle prosjekter, det er jo ikke så ofte man skriver på bloggen om dem etter at de er ferdige. Hjerte-cardiganen din synes jeg er kjempeflott og jeg skjønner godt at den har blitt mye brukt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun looking at all of your projects on Ravelry--WOW, but you are a prodigious knitter! So many beautiful knitted items! I wish that I could learn to knit faster.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥