Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny over at Small Things for Yarn Along.
"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? ... ~"

Yarn Along

Knitting: I haven't finished the socks from last time. Seems like I can't keep working on just one project at the time these days. So I knit a row here and there. I casted on for a tiny baby jacket today. We are group of knitters who are knitting clothes for the premature intensive care units in our hospitals. I think this is a great project and I really want to contribute. My sister was born three months to early 19 years ago. And I remember how tiny she was. My mom knitted her tiny clothes, and Eirin have a jacket she made back then for her dolls now.

De av dere som har lyst til å bidra til dette prosjektet kan finne mer info på Facebook her.


Reading: For those of you who wonder if I finished the book " Stalins cows", I didn't. I really wanted to read this book, but it just wasn't my type of book. I did finish "Rapsgubbene" from last time the other day. A funny story :) Now am I reading a non fiction book "Tyskerjentene" which is about how the norwegian girls who had children and got married with german soliders under ww2 was treated when the war was over. There are some strong stories in the book... How cruel people could be...
I'm also reading "The invisible mountain". Not sure what I think of it yet since I just have read the first chapter.

New dress for the doll ;)

I finished this dress for Eirin's doll this morning. The pattern is an old one with pattern for both the doll and a girl. I had a dress like this when I was little. I think it was yellow and white.

6 comments:

  1. I think it's cute that the doll is wearing a bandage on her arm. So cute! The dress came out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tysker Jentene sounds very interesting. With all I've heard about WW2 in Norway, I never thought of anyone making connections with the Germans. Am I naive or what? It must have been a huge secret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doll dress is very sweet!
    I love that you knit for children who are born prematurely. I'm sure it means so much to the parents who receive them for their babies. I love the pattern, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a story. I'll try to remember to get it from the library when I'm in Bergen this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful story. My daughter taught herself to knit last winter and is doing a great job! She is required to do community service as part of her school and she is knitting baby hats for the newborns at our local hospital! I still have the tiny hat that someone knitted for her when she was born! By the way...I read THE OUTLANDER by Gil Adamson because of your recommendation and I LOVED it!! I wish this author would write more books!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥