Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny over at Small Things for Yarn Along.
"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? ... ~"


Knitting: Now that I'm finally done with Eirin's jacket, I've been going through some of the projects I have in my basket. But I didn't find anything I wanted to work on... So instead I ripped up a pair of socks I knitted for hubby a long time ago. They were my first toe-ups. Hubby have been wearing them, but the heels have been very big and loose, so I'm knitting them over. But this time from the cuff down ;) 

Reading: "Rapsgubbene" by Karin Brunk Holmqvist.
The book is about the brothers Albert and Henning, they are two old men who are well known in the village for the eccentric habits. They live a quiet and peaceful life on the farm, and support each other through thick and thin. But suddenly a news spread across the country that there have been found traces of aliens in their canola fields. Journalists from around the world flock to, and their peace is broken.
I read the book "Potensgiverne" by her last year, and I liked it very much. I'm hoping this story will turn out just as good.

6 comments:

  1. Hi! You are brave to rip up something. I would have a hard time admitting my mistakes - but yet the perfectionist side in me wants things done right.
    I hope it gave you some satisfaction.
    ...Ps. I posted pictures of some stuffed cats that reminded me of the post you had of Estonian puppets. Did you make any of them?
    Happy Knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...just stopping in as part of Yarn Along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin's jacket is lovely! I like the colors in the socks you are making. Do you still make socks from the toe-up? Or do you prefer knitting from the cuff down?

    That book sounds like a good story. I wonder if it is also printed in English.

    Happy yarn along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire you for ripping out those socks and starting them over again. I don't think I could ever make myself do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morsom kombinasjon av bøker og strikking, jeg er fan av det. For tiden leser jeg Brudereisen av Marieke van der Pol og så strikker jeg på en genser til et tantebarn: Setesdal møter Star Wars. Må kanskje lage et blogginnlegg om det i morgen?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an interesting book! I'm always amazed how quickly you devour books!
    Your sock yarn is lovely! And Eirin's jacket looks beautiful!! She looks happy to have it, too!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥