Monday, March 21, 2011

It's finally done!


I finished Eirin's jacket today. I must admit I have had all the knitting done a week ago, but I don't like to sew in sleeves, so it has taken some time to finish it... I wish I had made this a raglan jacket instead. The jacket might have been a little narrower over her shoulders if it had been a raglan. She is thin as a nail so it became a bit loose on her even if I knitted the size 8. She has obviously grown since the jacket became a little short even though I knitted a few centimeters longer than it was in the pattern for a size 8 years.

It had to be Hello Kitty buttons ;)

And it just had to be Hello Kitty buttons :)
Pattern: Trøje med knapper from Kæk og klassisk børnestrik by Lene Holme Samsøe.
Yarn: Mor Aase Superwash. About 150 g each of pink and blue and 50 g grey.
Needles: 2,5 and 3 mm.

4 comments:

  1. Both your daughter and the sweater are beautiful. I love the Hello Kitty buttons. They are the perfect finishing touch. And I totally understand dreading sewing in the sleeves. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors, too! Congratulations to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jag tycker hon är jättefin i koftan och eftersom den är lite stor så kan hon ju ha den ett bra tag. Jag stickade alltid för stort till min barn (de är numera så stora de ska bli...) Fin kofta och fin flicka!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kjempefin jakke i herlige farger. Jeg føler også ofte at jakker og gensere blir litt store oventil til ungene, så raglanfelling er mitt nye knep. Det blir litt bedre passform av det ;)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥