Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day Three :: Tidy mind, tidy stitches.


Day three is here and the topic is how organised you are... More blog post here.

"How do you keep your yarn wrangling organised? It seems like an easy to answer question at first, but in fact organisation exists on many levels. Maybe you are truly not organised at all, in which case I am personally daring you to try and photograph your stash in whatever locations you can find the individual skeins. However, if you are organised, blog about an aspect of that organisation process, whether that be a particularly neat and tidy knitting bag, a decorative display of your crochet hooks, your organised stash or your project and stash pages on Ravelry."


I would not call my self very organised, but there is some sort of system in my chaos though ;)
This is my corner in the livingroom. Here I have all my craft books, lots of printed pattern, my needles (in old jam jars), a jar with buttons, a jar with small leftover balls (the kids love to make things with it), all of my wip's and some yarn and. It looks a bit messy right now, because I'm working on so many things at the same time at the moment... It seems like no project manage to keep me interested for very long, so I knit a few rows here and there.


I have seen lots of wonderful craft rooms out there and so many great yarn storage, but I just have a little corner in the bedroom where I can keep my stash. I have most of it in plastic boxes, which I have marked with different types of yarn. But I really need to go through all those bags... I have uploaded about half of my yarn to Ravelry.  And my poor loom standing in the corner :( I guess I won't have enough space for it until the kids moves out. Maybe I'll have my own craft room then ;)

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! You have the very same loom as me. Mine is in a storage shed in pieces since I moved from Norway in '86. I think of it fondly, but realize that it's a huge investment to go out there, uncover it, assemble, equip it, and actually get something done... Your picture might be the encouragement I need.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My you have a lot of books!
    I love seeing everyone's spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter started knitting about a year ago and already we have more yarn than I know what to do with. We have a small house and not much storage so I have all her yarn stashed in plastic bins behind my couch...not ideal. I love looking at the storage links you included here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ikea much? :-) I have that same mini drawer-box thingie!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥