Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny over at Small Things for Yarn Along.
"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? ... ~"

Yarn Along

I'm still knitting on Eirin's jacket. I'm almost done with the body. Love the colours and I just hope she'll be pleased with it too.
I've got four books that I'm reading in at the moment. The leaving of Liverpool is not in the picture. I know I have been reading this book for weeks now, but I have only a few chapters left, so there will be a review soon. I started the norwegian version For a Few Demons More (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #5) by Kim Harrison last night - I LOVE this series!! In between visiting the Hollows, I'm visiting another fantasy world in the book Dragens tårer written by the norwegain author B. Andreas Bull-Hansen. It's the first in a series of six books.
I try to read as often as I can for the kids. And right now I'm reading Nifse Nella (Eerie Nella) for Eirin before bedtime. It's about a little ghost and her family who lives in a fabric warehouse :)
I saw that the book The Stranger (The Labyrinths of Echo Book 1) by Max Frei, have been translated into norwegain. Have anyone read it?? I love this genre and I'm probably going to buy it ;)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Hege! I love those colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've gotten lots done on the jacket this week! Eirin must like it since you let her pick everything right? ...Although it so rarely works that way with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving those stripes, how could she not like it??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just curious to know if you do most of your reading in Norwegian or English? I am a typical North American who only speaks one language, although I am slowly trying to learn Chinese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the stripes look pretty
    BK
    http://theponybloggers.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-not-to-do-moss-stitch.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristie: I read books in both norwegain and english. Books are very expencive here in Norway, even in pocket verison, so I usually buy books in English. A english book can be around 3 times cheaper than if I buy the translated version in norwegian.
    But I do buy books in norwegian if I know they are very good - you know, the one you know you'll keep. And I use the library a lot to ;)
    But I think it's a great way to learn english by reading books. You learn so many expressions and words you don't learn in school. So I'll make sure my kids will try out some books in english soon ;)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥