Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day Two :: Skill + 1UP


The topic for today is skills. You can read more blogpost here.

"Look back over your last year of projects and compare where you are in terms of skill and knowledge of your craft to this time last year. Have you learned any new skills or forms of knitting/crochet. Can you crochet cable stitches now where you didn’t even know such things existed last year? Have you recently put a foot in the tiled world of entrelac? Had you even picked up a pair of needles or crochet hook this time last year?"

Well, I had plans about learning entrelac and learn to spin, but I haven't done either of them... And I actually didn't know you could crocohet cable stitches until I came across these mittens. The only thing I have done that have been new to me the last year is to knit a sweater from the top down. Probably not much to brag about ;)

Tappan Zee Cardigan

The first one was the Tappan Zee Cardigan.  

Baby jacket

And I finally had a chance to knit the February Baby Sweater when my cousin had a little girl :)

6 comments:

  1. Your Tappen Zee cardigan is a big deal to those of us working our way up to sweaters!

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blue cardigan is beautiful! I'm going to try to knit some entrelac for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That baby cardi is just lovely - and the buttons are perfect for it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful baby sweater! And I love the color, so assertive and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't top down fun? I'm scared of knitting a sweater in pieces...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the February sweater!! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥