Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny over at Small Things for Yarn Along.
"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? ... ~"

Yarn Along

My knitting mojo have been missing the last week... Mostly because of a painful arm. I guess I might have overworked a tendon when I've been knitting on Eirin's jacket. I have had this before when I've knitted with that yarn over several days. So it's been some long days without my knitting... I have been crocheting a little bit since those movements didn't hurt so much. I've made a few more squares for my blanket and have a pair of mitts almost done :)

I've been to the library the other day picking up a few books. I've heard so much about the books of Sofi Oksanen that I had to check them out. I've started with "Stalin's Cows" a story about a young girl's eating disorder and the image of Estonian women who had immigrated to Finland. I also borrowed "Purge" at the library and will read it next. I do have big expectations for these two books, so I hope I won't be disapointed...
How is it about you and populare books. Do you read them right away or do you (like me) avoid them for a while due to the big expectations??

I'm also reading a couple of light books :) I came across the series about Ethan Gage by William Dietrich and are rading the 1st book "Napoleon's Pyramids". Seems like a exciting adventure. I do like books with clues, hidden treasures and a mystery :) And to balanse it all off I have to have a vampire book in here too ;) It's not in the picture, but I'm reading "The Killing Dance" (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #6) by Laurell K. Hamilton. It's not the best vampire serie, but I hope it will get better.

5 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of Oksanen before, I'll have to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just dropping in to say "hi" as part of Yarn Along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty yarn!

    My yarn along link is http://blog.mymummyknits.com/yarn-along-11/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that yarn. The colours are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I know just the feeling. I too lost my knitting mojo when I overknit a sweater!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥