Joining Ginny over at Small Things for Yarn Along.
"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? ... ~"
My knitting mojo have been missing the last week... Mostly because of a painful arm. I guess I might have overworked a tendon when I've been knitting on Eirin's jacket. I have had this before when I've knitted with that yarn over several days. So it's been some long days without my knitting... I have been crocheting a little bit since those movements didn't hurt so much. I've made a few more squares for my blanket and have a pair of mitts almost done :)
I've been to the library the other day picking up a few books. I've heard so much about the books of Sofi Oksanen that I had to check them out. I've started with "Stalin's Cows" a story about a young girl's eating disorder and the image of Estonian women who had immigrated to Finland. I also borrowed "Purge" at the library and will read it next. I do have big expectations for these two books, so I hope I won't be disapointed...
How is it about you and populare books. Do you read them right away or do you (like me) avoid them for a while due to the big expectations??
I'm also reading a couple of light books :) I came across the series about Ethan Gage by William Dietrich and are rading the 1st book "Napoleon's Pyramids". Seems like a exciting adventure. I do like books with clues, hidden treasures and a mystery :) And to balanse it all off I have to have a vampire book in here too ;) It's not in the picture, but I'm reading "The Killing Dance" (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #6) by Laurell K. Hamilton. It's not the best vampire serie, but I hope it will get better.
I haven't heard of Oksanen before, I'll have to check her out.
ReplyDeleteI am just dropping in to say "hi" as part of Yarn Along.
ReplyDeletePretty yarn!
ReplyDeleteMy yarn along link is http://blog.mymummyknits.com/yarn-along-11/
I love that yarn. The colours are brilliant!
ReplyDeleteOh I know just the feeling. I too lost my knitting mojo when I overknit a sweater!
ReplyDelete