Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday


Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

Knitting: No progress since yesterday on the Selbu Sea Horse Mitten... I've changed curtains today and it's not a task I love... I really hate ironing. Anyway, I hope to knit some on them later today. I'm also making Endre a pair of snuggle sock. Living in an old house meas we have cold floors now during winter, so a pair of thick socks is good to keep our feet warm.

Reading: Before Christmas I was so lucky to get a copy for free of Sirkelen a swedish book that is coming out in the middel og January here in Norway. All I have to do is read it and give feedback back to the publisher :) So far it's very good! It's called The Circle in english and it's coming out in english in July. It's the first book in a trilogy.
Engelsfors. Beautiful name, godforsaken place. Surrounded by deep forests where people often get lost and disappear. Six girls have just started high school. They have nothing in common - except that they have the evil in their heels. Now they are forced to work together to survive.


One night when the moon is mysteriously colored red, the girls meet each other in the abandoned public park.. They do not know how they got there or why they are there. But without each other they will not survive.

I'm also reading The Lord and the Wayward Lady. I love historical novels and this is both a romance and a mystery story.
The closest milliner Nell Latham has come to high society is making fashionable bonnets for ladies. But when she's asked to deliver a message to the Earl of Narborough, she's soon swept up in a web of intrigue and scandal!


Marcus, the Earl's sinfully sexy son and heir, tracks down the messenger, little expecting to find her so attractive. Nell is a mystery --- her manners and demeanor are not those of a working girl. And as secrets are revealed and danger draws closer, Marcus has to choose between family honor and naked desire.

9 comments:

  1. Så fine de vottene dine ser ut til å bli! De med havhest på. Gleder meg til å se de ferdige.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're supposed to iron curtains? :) That mitten is wonderful as are your other mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNEW there was a reason I opted for plantation shutters rather than curtains! Love the seahorse mitt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her var mye fint i strikking og mange inspirerende bøker =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mitten is looking amazing!! Must be so difficult to concentrate on the changes in colour! I applaud you - am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful mitten, it looks close to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do such beautiful colourwork! Amazing, Hege!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You change your curtains? LOL! I have the same ones I have had for 10 years. :) Your colorwork is amazing, and your free book sounds very interesting and I think I will keep my eye out for when it is released in English.
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  9. We live in an old house also and socks are essential in the winter. There are also a few blankets in the livingroom for snuggling around to stay warm.

    I love your mittens and am thinking of tackling a pair myself in the near future.

    Historical romances are awesome! You'll have to let us know how well that one reads when you've completed it.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥