Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

The days seems to fly by here... And I guess the reason must be that we get more and more daylight each days now :) I'm so looking forward to the return of the sun! So what are you knitting and reading this week?

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday


Knitting: I've casted on the second sea horse mitten, so I have hopes to have the pair done my the weekend. And hopefully take some picture in daylight. The pink to the left is a sock for Eirin.

Reading: I've finished both books I was reading last week - and both of them was really good! I've started on another Harlequin novel - Pickpocket countess. I've always thought these novels from Harlequin as trash, but either have I had the wrong impression or they have started to give out better books. Because these historic romance books are good.

It's Brandon Wycroft's duty as the Earl of Stockport to catch the "Cat," a notorious thief who is stealing from rich local homes to feed the poor. Discovering that the Cat is a woman, he changes his plan of action--to a game of seduction!
Mysterious and tempting, she teases him. And, as the net closes around the Cat, Brandon realizes he wants to protect her as well as bed her. But the only way to catch her is to spring the parson's mousetrap--and make her his countess!

The other book is a norwegian young adult book - Heksesot. It's about Ella who is a witch.

Ella does not want to be an outsider, yet that is exactly what she is in the new place. A serious heart disease have led to that she has been a lot away from school. Yet she is better than most, and it is not tolerated. When her mother engaged in alternative medicine, it is yet another reason to freeze her out. But Ella finds a special way to get by on. Witch rituals to help her. And her friendship with Anna.



I came across this and had to share :)

11 comments:

  1. Love the colour of that sock yarn, so cute :) The mitt is looking fab too

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mitten and the sock look great! I love that mitten pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the mitten is looking gorgeous! can't wait to see the finished pair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew what pattern the mitten was before you said it, I have spent way too much time looking at mitten patterns, I just love them (and I love your version, and the socks!).

    I was born in Stockport, and am thrilled to see it featuring in a Harlequin Romance ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That video was awesome! Can you imagine how much work it took? Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitten looking good i fancy reading that second book !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that colorwork mitten is looking great! It should be wonderful to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't of picked up a Harlequin novel, will give one a chance next time.

    Keep warm over there.

    Love leanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finished Sea Horse Mitts on Friday? Hurray! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥