Sunday, April 29, 2012

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week :: Crafting Balance kcbwday7


Are you a knitter or a crocheter, or are you a bit of both? If you are monogamous in your yarn-based crafting, is it because you do not enjoy the other craft or have you simply never given yourself the push to learn it? Is it because the items that you best enjoy crafting are more suited to the needles or the hook? Do you plan on ever trying to take up and fully learn the other craft? If you are equally comfortable knitting as you are crocheting, how do you balance both crafts? Do you always have projects of each on the go, or do you go through periods of favouring one over the other? How did you come to learn and love your craft(s)?

I both knit and crochet. 
I always have a knitting project (or five) on the needles, but not so often a crochet projects. Right now the only crochet projects I have is blankets that I never seem to finish... Don't know why as I know it wouldn't take me long to crochet the squares I need as crochet goes much faster than knitting ;)

eirin's blanket

I learned to both knit and crochet when I was around 7-8 years old I think. My mom and my grandmother learned me. I remember being at my grandmothers house with my cousins and we would all sit and crochet :) I have one memory I remember very well. I and one of my older cousins sits together in a chair and crochet one the same piece. I do the first move in a single st, going through the loop and grab the tread to make two loops on the hook. But I found the move to pull the yarn through both loops so hard that my cousin had to do that part.

1 comment:

  1. What a great memory....My grandmother taught me to crochet and I am learning to knit now..

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥