Wednesday, April 11, 2012

On the needles, between the pages and a pair of Jaywalkers

Untitled

Linking up with
Knitting: I haven't finished all my wip's fom last week - I just thought it would bore you to see them over and over again... So instead I have a new wip ;) A pair of mittens for Endre. That boy wears out his mittens in no time. Whit all the playing in the snow, his mittens gets felted and too small in no time. And sine it looks like spring isn't about to come to our part of the word yet, I have to make him a couple of new pairs.

Reading: I still have a few chapters left in Myren I started reading last week. It's a very good crime book! I still have no clue on how it all is going to end and who did it. I'm also reading a chapter now and then in The Map of Time. So far it's not what I expected... I had hoped for a great time travelling story. Some parts of the book is great, as in the part with H G Wells, but the rest, not so good. I'm going to finish it though. 
I needed somthing light to read in addition to the crime book, so I picked out a Harlequin novel - Mistress by Midnight. It's the 3rd book in The Scandalous Women of the Ton series.


Jaywalkers for Eirin

I finished these yesterday. Happy Rainbow Jaywalkers for Eirin :)

Pattern: Jaywalker
Yarn:  58 g (1skein) Shepherd Sock Multi by Lorna's Laces #601 Rainbow
Needles: 2,5 mm
Size: 68 st



33 comments:

  1. I love your Jaywalkers - I really must get around to making myself a pair, it's such a cool look :)

    The mittens look gorgeous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the socks are great!! Our weather never gets cold enough for mittens but I think I would love a pair anyway...maybe just for bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks are gorgeous, as always. I've finally decided to try knitting a pair or two of socks, but I need (a lot) more practice before I actually have anything that actually resembles a sock :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, what wonderful WIPs you have. Bright, colourful and wonderfully made! I adore the rainbow jaywalkers - Gorgeous!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow those jaywalkers are gorgeous - really pretty. i love the mustard undertones. The mittens are super cute too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the socks! I have never knitted Jaywalker before, I think I must put this on my list of to knits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the socks look adorable! perfect spring colours! and they keep you warm for these (still) cooler days, that's a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the yarn striped beautifully on those Jaywalkers. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing socks and love the mittens

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the socks! I haven't made mittens yet, but that is on my to do list for this year, mittens for my babes :-) You would think if I can make socks I can make mittens, but it is intimidating :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!! I LOVE the jaywalkers!!! The pattern has been in my ravelry queue for forever and every time someone posts theirs I drool. The yarn you used is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one awesome looking mitten! And the jaywalkers--WOW. They are just too cool really, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving those socks!!

    I am popping in from Tami's WIP Wednesday. My project is here..
    http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-tuesday-bunnys-birthday-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm always amazed at your colorwork! You tackle some pretty detailed stuff. Love those mittens. And the jaywalkers - I find it interesting how the yarn colors can look so different in different stitch patterns. The heel and toe tend to 'pop' more than the other parts of the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your socks and mitten. They are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! The Jaywalkers are gorgeous! And I love the design for the mittens! Lovely WIP's!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such beautiful projects---those mittens are just delicious, I love the colour combination and pattern, and the socks are too much fun. I wish I had a pair on right now to brighten up the grey day outside.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Groovy socks! I'm a big fan of crime novels too and always have at least one on the go at any time. Thank goodness for the library!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those socks are quite amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome Jaywalkers! The pattern is rocking in that yarn!
    And what lovely mitts for your little one. I just love that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jaywalkerne ble kjempefine! Likte hvordan selvstripinga ble skikkelig stilig her!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, those socks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely socks and nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the pattern of your mittens. Mittens are small enough to try something new. We are in Spring now and all mitten wearing has been abandoned, but maybe next winter I'll try some different stitches on mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic Socks! I have a young one who seems to felt his mitts too. What pattern is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Newfoundland mittens.

      Delete
  26. your knitting is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your WIP, looks very interesting.

    Just popped over as part of the yarn along, pop over to mine if you have the chance.

    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee those socks are brilliant and your WIP looks fabulously intruiging

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥