Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week :: Your Knitting Or Crochet Hero 3kcbwday3




Blog about someone in the fibre crafts who truly inspires you. There are not too many guidelines for this, it's really about introducing your readers to someone who they might not know who is an inspiration to you. It might be a family member or friend, a specific designer or writer, indie dyer or another blogger. If you are writing about a knitting designer and you have knitted some of their designs, don't forget to show them off. Remember to get permission from the owner if you wish to use another person's pictures.

Well, I can't say I have a hero. But I get a lot of inspiration from all of you knit and crochet bloggers here on the www :)
But both my mom and my garndmother have always been kniting and crocheting, so ofcourse they are the ones who inspire me in my daily life. My grandmother will be 90 next year and even though she is getting a bit forgetfull, she still knits. It's just small squares one can sew together as a blanket, but I'm sure her love of knitting and crocheting have kept her mind so clear for so long!
The bedspread in the picture below is one of my treasures. My grandmother crocheted it to me years ago.

Bed spread crocheted by my grandmother



My mom, even though she has a full time job, seems to knit faster than me ;) She knits sweaters and jackets to friends and family in a speed I can just dream of. This Marius jacket is her latest project of the needles. It's for my brother and I think I might have to ask her to knit one for Erlend.

8 comments:

  1. That bedspread is amazingly detailed and beautiful. I'm sure that you will treasure it always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom knits sweaters like they're nothing! And your Mom put a zipper in? Wow! Gosh I wouldn't be able to do that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely hommage to your mom and grandma! We send our congratulations to them.
    Ana BC

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that crochet blanket is beautiful - you sound really proud of your grandmother. have a knitty night xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy rumpus--that is one detailed bedspread! clearly an heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful bedspread!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nydelige arbeider begge to! Fine farger i Mariusen, en slik bør nok Erlend ønske seg ja :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your grandmother and mum are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥