Monday, April 23, 2012

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week :: Colour Lovers - 3kcbwday1


 
Colour is one of our greatest expressions of ourselves when we choose to knit or crochet, so how do you choose what colours you buy and crochet or knit with. Have a look through your stash and see if there is a predominance of one colour. Do the same with your finished projects - do they match? Do you love a rainbow of bright hues, or more subdued tones. How much attention do you pay to the original colour that a garment is knit in when you see a pattern? Tell readers about your love or confusion over colour.


When I look through all my projects at Ravelry, I see that I knit in pretty much every colour. And I guess with all those socks in stripes and knitting for the kids it must be so :) But, I love to browse through other knitters projects pages who just knit in grey or greyish colours. I mean I love grey, but I don't knit with it as mush as I would liked too. I like more bright colours too, such as pink, blue and red. And if I knit for myself I often end up with red or black...
When it comes to original colours in patterns, I usually pick my own colours. Mostly because I like to use up some stash yarn or because I like another combination.
My stash is a mix of all colours. I guess it's a result after years of buying a pretty skein or ball of yarn when you spot it at the lys ;) And after getting skeins of yarn in any colour combination in various yarn clubs. Now, the challenge is to use it all up...

Some of my latest yarn buyes :)



For more post about Colour Lovers, just Google 3kcbwday1 :)

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, that last skein is really gorgeous!

    Everything I am knitting at the moment happens to be grey, funnily enough ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the last skein, if I were you I would be knitting with it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vakre farger. De ser ut som sjal for meg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I lived where you do, with all that winter, I think I would stay away from Grays! I live in rainy, gloomy Seattle, and tend to stay away from knitting with gray yarn, even though I do like to wear it often. Your new skeins are simply lovely-very bright and cheery.
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your yarn is gorgeous! Beautiful colors, I love the green one in the second picture!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥