Wednesday, April 25, 2012

On the needles and between the pages

Untitled


Knitting: Still knitting on my Stripe Tease... I have the front leg and the toe left, so I think I can have it done in a few days. The socks are the knitting I bring with me outdoors while the kids play. I don't dare to take my secret project with me out in case the kids spill something on it. I'm halfway done with the body, so it's going great. the pattern is easy to memorize too, so it goes fast to knit.

Reading: I loved The Flying Troutmans which I read last week. If you haven't read it, you should! Another book I picked up at the library was The White Queen. I was about to give it up, but desided to read on. And I'm glad I did. I like it, but I would have liked it more if there was a bit more details and if the main person could share a little more of her feelings perhaps... 
When I was in the thinking box about stop reading The White Queen or not, I picked up Runemarks. I have only read a few chapters, but it looks like a book I will like :)

So, what are you reading and knitting/crocheting this week?
Don't forget to check out my post in the Knitting and Crochet Blog Week. I'd be very happy if you would nominate my photo in the Photographer Challange :)

13 comments:

  1. What beautiful clours in your yarn.
    I have the book Chocolat by Joanne harris in my to read pile. i think I must be the only person who hasn't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful heathered yarns for the socks. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeg må nok kjøpe Den hvite dronningen. Helt sikkert en bok for meg ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these socks have a VERY interesting construction! Your version is looking pretty fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really really love those socks---and I have a ball of zauberball that i didn't know what to do with it!!! THANKS!!! Now I do!!! Can't wait to get started!!! Added the Flying Troutman's to the to-read list-----oh, my.....Wednesdays keep me (and Amazon) busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yes, my to read list gets lobger and lobger each week :)
      I'm sure Zauberball with it's long colour shifts will be a perfect yarn for this pattern.

      Delete
  6. what an interesting pattern, and your knitting as always is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love the look of these socks and am intrigued that the pattern seems to be worked so different from the norm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spennende å se - virkelig et annerledes mønster. Veldig fine farger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still loving the colors of the socks!!

    I found you via Frontier Dreams' KCCO. This is my project of the week: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/crafting-along-with-needle-and-thread.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always have the loveliest yarn! I have such stash envy.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥