Monday, November 10, 2008

Polar nights ahead

the sun

This is all we can se of the sun from were we live right now. Just a tiny gleam in the middel of the day. We still have some hours of daylight, but it's no doubt that the polar nights sneeks upon us.
But despite the dark almost 24 hours, it's cosy. Now we can look forward to hikes with flashlights, candellights, the advents is here soon with christmas decorations and lights. In a month we can start to bake christmas cookies, make gingerbread house and just be together! I'm almost done with my christmaspresent shopping/making and right now some mittens are swimming in the wahingmachine. Going to be some homemade presents this year.

pink socks

I have knitted a pair of socks for Eirin during the weekend. And she liked these - they sure are pink enough ;)
Pattern: 44 st , k2, p2
Yarn: 100 g Viking sportsragg #586
Needles: 2,75 mm

9 comments:

  1. Jeg synes mørketida er helt ok jeg :) Man lærer seg å sette skikkelig pris på sommeren vi har, og så er det en god unnskyldning for å kose seg inne med stearinlys og kakao :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you had polar nights where you live; guess I hadn't ever thought of it. I think it would be kind of fun. But then I normally like dark, gloomy looking days. Not because they are dark and gloomy, but because they feel cozy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would go crazy, but to me it sounds perfect! "Cozy" is the right word, for sure. And what a great time to be a knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nesten ferdig med julegavene - det er godt jobba. Sokkene ser gode og varme ut, det trengs nå i kuldetida.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice socks! I wonder what it would be like to live somewhere where it is dark for 24 hours/day. I couldn't imagine it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You have been busy! The socks and mitten all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love our darkness here in Minnesota too, although we're nowhere close to 24 hours a day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds very cosy but I guess at the end of winter you are very glad when it will be light again.

    Your socks look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. håper du veit at du er helten min - du er såå produktiv! og ungene er jo de fineste produktene - lillemann har totalt sjarmert meg, især med crankypants!! :D Tusen takk for linken til the jogless jog, nå tror jeg at jeg skal klare å få de til jeg og! :D Juleklem til dere!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥