Thursday, April 29, 2010

Knitting & Crochet Blog Week :: Day Four


Is there a skill related to your hobby that you hope to learn one day? Maybe you’re a crocheter who’d also like to knit? Maybe you’d like to learn to knit continental, knit backwards, try cables or attempt stranded colourwork.


Drop spindles

1. Oregon Myrtlewood Drop Spindle, 2. Spindle Bouquet, 3. Merino Tencel blends on spindles,
4. The Victorian Myrtlewood Top Whorl Drop Spindle, 5. Hello Yarn "Peat" - Lego Spindle Spun,
6. Spindle Spininng on a Kundert, 7. DSCN2471 My Drop Spindle Collection,
8. Emily Spindle by Adam Mielke, 9. Spindle spinning progress,
10. Bosworth Spindles, 11. 3G Woodworks spindle w/ SCF fibre,
12. 130 grams Merino/Nylon fibre, spindle-spun


There's still a lot to learn when it comes to knitting. Like knitting backwards, entrelac and double knitting. But the skill I want to learn right now is to spin my own yarn :) I have the old spinning wheel hubby bought for me at a local second hand shop two years ago, but I haven't got around to buy some new bobbins for it yet. I'll have to see if I can find some similar to the one that is on. But it's old and the flyer (?) is hold in place with a leather strap. I'll have to get hubby to see if there is any way to fasten a new one without damaging this old thing :)
So I guess I'll have to strat with a drop spindle. Anyone of you have some great ones to recommend?

Spinning wheel


Click here to see other blogs tagged with knitcroblo3, blogging about this same topic for Knitting and Crochet Blog week.

4 comments:

  1. Nydelige strømper/sokker i posten under, du!!
    Og nydelige bilder her. Det er mye jeg også kunne tenke meg å ta opp, gitt. Bare jeg hadde hatt den tiden :) Nesten så jeg gleder meg til å bli pensjonist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was closer! You could use mine! I have two spinning wheels, hand cards, drop spindles, everything! If you want, I will send you a drop spindle and some fiber. I think mine is a Schact (not quite sure of the spelling) I worked good enough for me to learn on. Let me know if you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Tama - you are so sweet!!!
    I'll send you a message :)
    I have a pair of hand cards, they have been my grandmother's (my dad's mom).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Så mange nydelige håndtener du har funnet bilder av! Jeg har en helt enkel en sjøl, som onkel til svogeren min laget, og jeg vil, jeg vil, men jeg får det ikke til!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥