Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Knitting & Crochet Blog Week :: Day Two


Blog about a pattern or project which you aspire to. Whether it happens to be because the skills needed are ones which you have not yet acquired, or just because it seems like a huge undertaking of time and dedication, most people feel they still have something to aspire to in their craft. If you don’t feel like you have any left of the mountain of learning yet to climb, say so!



Sometimes I feel like I have knitted the most. I've knitted plain socks, socks with cables, socks in lace, socks in fair isle/selbu, sweaters both for kids and adults, hats, mittens in every shape and color, pants, dishclothes, toys, doll clothes, potholdes, scarfs and shawls. I have even crochet a curtain for the kitchen window and knitted some lace curtain ribbons ;) BUT I have not knitted or crochet a blanket yet. I do have four in my wip's at Ravelry, but I must confess that I haven't made a single stitch on them for months...

Aran by Norah Gaughan

A while ago I bought the book Comfort Knitting and Crochet: Afghans, and I fell in love with this blanket. It's just beautiful! It's not likely I'll knit this blanket any time soon, but I hope can snuggle under a blanket like this with a cup of tea and a good book sometime in the future :)

Click here to see other blogs tagged with knitcroblo2, blogging about this same topic for Knitting and Crochet Blog week.

6 comments:

  1. For et teppe du!
    Reine svenneprøven.
    Aldeles nydelig, men tro det hadde holdt leeeeeeeeeeeenge med ei pute.. for en jobb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, as I have two knitted blankets as WIP's...just can't seem to get the energy to finish. Blankets are such a time consuming project!! But we can always dream...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I barely have patience for a scarf, so I doubt I'll ever knit a blanket, but I do admire those of you who do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Lizard Ridge Afghan that's been a beautiful WIP for a couple of years now so I know what you mean. That one is beautiful and I can see why you like it! I like these daily topics - I'm going to jump in tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started a blanket using chunky wool-- I didn't get very far. It's been snoozing for a very long time. They are lovely to look at, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeg har vel bare strikket et teppe i mitt liv, da satt jeg hos besteforeldrene mine i florida, det var 40-45grader, og umulig å være ute! Dessverre gikk det med i brannen, men jeg brukte det mye.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥