Friday, April 23, 2010

World Book Day

Today is the World Book Day.
The idea for this celebration originated in Catalonia where on 23 April, Saint George's Day, a rose is traditionally given as a gift for each book sold. I haven't bought any books today, but we went a trip to the library yesterday and came home with a huge pile of books :)
So far I've read 13 books in April. That make 57 books total so far this year, and I think I'll manage to read 200 books, which is my goal.

Right now I'm reading "The hunt for Atlantis" by Andy McDermott which is a adventure/thriller kind of book



and "Heksenes tid" by Árni Þórarinsson. This is a crime book written by a Icelandic author.


Both are very exciting. I needed a break from all the fantasy and urban fantasy I've been reading this year. And the Sookie Stackhouse series is so far my favorite. I have book 8-10 again to read, but I'm saving them for a while ;)
So what are you reading??

4 comments:

  1. I just finished "Gift of an Ordinary Day"....a fabulous book any mom would love. I'm currently reading "Blind Side" - a true story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm anxiously awaiting my move out of dorms to find a library. While I wait, I'm rereading Outlander, as it's one of the three or so novels that I have left here (I moved a bunch of stuff out early so there'd be more room in the car for me when I move!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an incredible reader. My husband read a lot, but I don't think that even he could keep up with you. The last book I read was Crescent by Diana Abu Jabar. It's set in Los Angeles mostly but it full of Middle Eastern culture, especially food. My book club is planning to on having a bunch of humus, balklava, and dolmas at our next meeting, Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if I told you that I LOVE the Sookie Stackhouse books. I read them all last year and got such a kick out of them. A new book is coming out in May! Another good series by the same author is the Harper Connelly series.

    I just read a great book on managing your finances called "All Your Worth", and I'm re-reading Pride & Prejudice. Tomorrow I am going to the used book store and want to get To Kill a Mockingbird (haven't read it since junior high school) and a few of the Laura Ingalls Wilder books (haven't read those since elementary school).

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥