Saturday, April 17, 2010

Vanilla socks & some fuzzy monsters



I had not heard of the term "vanilla socks" until I saw it on the 52 ppiii forum a while ago. And the word “vanilla” is used to mean anything plain,ordinary,simple. I've just knitted 3 pairs of vanilla socks :) They are all knitted on 2,5 mm needles, with 64 st, but they have different ribs. They are all knitted in yarn from Tama's etsy store.

Neopolitian socks

Neopolitian socks
k2, p2 rib.

Strawberry & Cream socks

Strawberry & Cream socks
k1 through the back loop, p1 rib.

Blue & green socks

Blue & green socks
k1, p1 rib.

Making fuzzy monster ;)


I bet a lot of you have some (ugly) fun fur yarns laying around..? I do - in different colours and brands. I'm not sure why I have bought some of it, but I have gotten some in swaps and gifts, so it's not all bought in some crazy, brain dead moment *lol*
Anyway, I didn't know how to use it up so I found out the kids could make pompom monsters of it ;) So I cut out the paper rings, dugged out the yarn and we got to work. Endre got bored after a few minutes... So I had to finish it.

Fuzzy monsters

They turned out quite cute after they got eyes on, but and it's a big but. They shed alot of fur. I guess fun fur is not the right type of yarn to make pompoms with... So the fuzzy monsters have to live outside in the playhouse ;)

11 comments:

  1. LOVE the socks! What great colors on all of them! Those fuzzy monsters are hilarious. Too bad they have to live outside ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those vanilla socks are great. I love the neopolitan colors! Cute furry monsters. I bought tons of that fun fur yarn several years ago and ended up giving it to charity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veldig fine sokker, alle tre parene hadde særegne og fine farger syntes jeg. Og monstrene var jo bare supersøte:-) Ha en fin ny uke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The monsters are awesome! Great idea for using novelty yarn! I love, love, love your vanilla socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Så herlige farger. Skikkelig vårlige og fine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kule monstre! :)

    Så herlige sokker! Jeg likte garnet du har brukt, deilig å se noe som striper seg litt annerledes enn "vanlig" sokkegarn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Those yarns turned out gorgeous!! When I dye the yarn I rarely get to see how they will look knit up. I am so glad you took pictures. I really like how they all turned out!!

    I HAVE to make some of those fuzzy monsters!! I'll have to figure out a way to make them not shed though so they can stay inside. They are ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Homemade bread, handknit socks, cute kids & beautiful photos? I'm in! Thanks for the posting on the Ravelry thread so I could find you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, a question. Is that self-striping yarn, or did you knit those stripes using different skeins? I'm loving those striped socks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle: All three socks are made of self-striping yarn. I've only used some white to knit the heels and toes on the red and white stripy pair :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great socks, they're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥