Sunday, September 9, 2007

Christmas around the world swap questionnaire


  1. Are you religious? No, x-mas is more a tradition for me.
  2. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? I learned it when I was about 6-7 years, but have been knitting on a dayly basis the last 7 years. I'm an advanced knitter.
  3. Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? I crochet a bit and love to go hiking.
  4. Favorite color(s)? Any shades of blue, pink and red.
  5. Do you collect anything? Yarn ^^
  6. Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? No.
  7. Do you have any pets? No.
  8. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? Tea, black with fruit flavour is my favourite.
  9. Cookies or Sweets? Both.
  10. Do you knit socks? Yes.
  11. If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits)
  12. Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do? Yes, we put it up a week before x-mas eve.
  13. Favorite holiday treats? Lefse.
  14. Favorite holiday smells? Dinner
  15. Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate. I guess I celebrate it in a traditional way. We watch tv with the kids in the morning and they get their x-mas stockings. Then around 5-6 in the afternoon we eat dinner and open the presents after dessert.
  16. What are your favorite holiday traditions? Decorating the tree together with my kids
  17. Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....” being together with my family and having a great time.
  18. If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? A little Nisse
  19. What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given? That must be the small things my kids have made themselfs :) Small boxes, caleners with photos and drawings.
  20. When do you start your Christmas? Desember 1st by hanging up x-mas curtains, the kids advents calendar and decorate with a few x-mas things each day.
  21. Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? Yes, some is bought and some is made.
  22. What is your favorite Christmas dish? Ribbe (pork ribs)
  23. Carolers are at your door. What do you do? We don't have this in Norway. But we have something called julebukk. If they come you give them candy.
  24. When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning? Eve
  25. Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? Family

4 comments:

  1. Great answers on your questionnaire! I have been enjoying going through everyone's questionnaires and having a great time getting to know everyone. I can't wait for this swap to get underway and find out who I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat questionnaire--fun to read you answers and see how Christmas is for you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed learning about julebukk, the Yule Goat! From Wikipedia, the prank that used to be popular in older Scandinavian society sounds really fun and hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing Hege! I love that you would be a Nisse ornament :) I love little fairy folk like that! Hope you're enjoying the swap so far and thanks for filling out your questionnaire!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥